Consultancy Services for the implementation monitoring of resettlement action plan
KENYA NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY TENDER JUNE 2021
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO SUPPORT THE IMPLEMENTATION MONITORING OF RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN ASSOCIATED WITH UPGRADING OF ISIOLO-MANDERA CORRIDOR AND PROVISION OF RELATED SOCIO-ECONOMIC INFRASTRUCTURE
|HORN OF AFRICA GATEWAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (HoAGDP)|
|PROJECT ID NO.:||P161305|
|ASSIGNMENT TITLE:||Consultancy Services for the implementation monitoring of resettlement action plan associated with upgrading of Elwak Rhamu Mandera road section and provision of related socio-economic infrastructure for Lot 3: Mandera County.|
|TENDER REF.||KeNHA /2443/2021|
- The Government of the Republic of Kenya (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) (the “Bank”) in the form of a “credit” (hereinafter called “credit”) towards the cost of the Horn of Africa Gateway Development Project (HoAGDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include enhancing the capacity of the Kenya National Highways Authority where the Consultant will monitor (i) the progress on payment of cash compensation, and (ii) implementation of tailored livelihood restoration packages for each household aimed at ensuring that losses experienced by the project-affected persons owing principally to the Project are mitigated and their standard of living improved or at least restored to the pre-project levels and affected persons share in the benefits of the Project as guided by the Resettlement Action Plan. The Consultant will ensure effective implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan to meet the requirements of OP 4.12 on Involuntary Resettlement and best industry practices. The consultant will also be expected to build capacity of the Project Implementation team in management of resettlement issues through trainings, orientation and sensitization programs
The consultant shall also collect and analyze relevant Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) implementation data related to the project to help in decision-making. Through this assignment, the consultant will assist in putting in place proper social management systems and identification of good practices and develop dissemination strategies.
The assignment will take 24 months.
The detailed draft Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.worldbank. org/procurement or www.kenha.co.ke (Link: https://www.kenha.co.ke/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=262&Itemid=405)
- The Kenya National Highways Authority now invites eligible Consultant Companies & Organizations (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Due to the unique and exceptional nature of the envisaged assignment and for fit for the purpose reasons, the invitation is targeting local organizations/ institutions that meet the competence and qualifications. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- a)Have significant experience in the field of implementing resettlement action plans of similar investment including in Kenya.
- b)Familiarity with management of involuntary resettlement, land acquisition laws in Kenya and compensation of Project affected people.
- c)Demonstrated familiarity with the relevant regulatory framework of the Government of Kenya and the relevant operational policies of the World Bank (specifically OP 4.12 and OP4.10), which will be applicable during project preparation and implementation, which govern, in particular involuntary resettlement of vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- d)Experience in monitoring and evaluation of resettlement activities
- e)At least 5 years of experience in the field of public awareness, community development Stakeholder Engagement, public communication and training and must have undertaken similar assignments;
- f)Have worked for at least three years in North Eastern region of Kenya and have local knowledge of the region as well as an understanding of the cultural, economic and social dynamics of the community;
- g)Presence in the North Eastern region of Kenya and at best in the areas traversed by the Isiolo-Wajir-Mandera road corridor will be an added advantage;
- h)Have experience working with public administration authorities and financing institutions (knowledge of procedures);
- i)Core business of the Consultant; and technical and managerial capability of the institution as presented in the company profile.
- j)Consultant’s compliance (certificate of registration with the relevant bodies for all professionals in the consortium, and company compliance including Certificate of incorporation, business standing etc.)
- One Consultant will be selected to cover the road section and other project associated works in Mandera County for the upgrading of the Wajir – Elwak – Rhamu – Mandera road.
- The experience and qualification of key experts shall not be included in the shortlisting criteria. The key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
- The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018 and as updated in November 2020 (”Procurement Regulations”), which can be found at the following website: www.worldbank.org.
- The Consultant may associate with other Consultants in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. Clarity should be provided on the nature of association and the lead firm. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (Mondays to Fridays from 0800 to 1700 hours local time), excluding public holidays.
- The Expression of Interest enclosed in plain Packages and clearly marked with the Tender Number and description, sealed and transmitted by courier or delivered by hand to the Address below or deposited at the Authority’s Tender Box Located at Barabara Plaza, Block C, 2nd Floor, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), off airport South Road, along Mazao Road so at to be received not later than 1100Hrs local time on 14th July 2021:-
Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Block C, 2nd Floor, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA),
off airport South Road, along Mazao Road,
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
- Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 14th July 2021 at 1100hrs Local time. Kenya National Highways Authority, Barabara Plaza, Block C, 2nd Floor Boardroom, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), off airport South Road, along Mazao Road.
- Further information may be obtained from the address below:
Attention: Director Development
Street Address: Kenya National Highways Authority
Barabara Plaza Block A, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA),off
airport South Road, along Mazao Road
Floor/Room Number: Block A, First Floor
City: NAIROBI, KENYA
NOTE: Interested Bidders are required to continually check the Kenya National Highways Authority website: www.kenha.co.ke for any additional information or clarifications that may arise before submission date.
Deputy Director (Supply Chain Management)
FOR: DIRECTOR GENERAL