TENDER FOR SUPPLY & DELIVERY OF MOTOR VEHICLES – MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT 2022
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT, INFRASTRUCTURE, HOUSING, URBAN DEVELOPMENT AND PUBLIC WORKS TENDER JANUARY 2022
STATE DEPARTMENT FOR TRANSPORT
HORN OF AFRICA GATEWAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (HOAGDP)
REQUEST FOR BIDS
SUPPLY & DELIVERY OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|TENDER:||KE-SDOT-234138 – GO-RFQ|
|Project ID No:||P161305|
|Issued on:||18TH JANUARY 2022|
- The Government of Kenya (GOK) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Financing Horn of Africa Gateway Development Project, (HOAGDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Supply & Delivery of motor vehicles.
- The State Department for Transport (the Client), now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Supply & Delivery of a motor Vehicle as given below;
Heavy Duty Utility Passenger Vehicle 4 x 4, L.W.B., 2701-3000cc. Diesel. Quantity One (1 No.).
- Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the State Department for Transport, Supply Chain Management office and inspect the bidding document during office hours Monday to Friday 0900 hrs to 1600 hrs.
- The bidding document in English language is available online and may be downloaded without any charge from www.transport.go.ke. Bidders are encouraged to download the bid document to minimize physical visit to Transcom House.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below either in person, or by mail, or may be placed in the tender box at our offices on ground floor Transcom House on or before 17th February 2022 at 1100 hrs East African Time. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of Bidder’s or their designated representatives who choose to attend at the address below.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Kenya Shillings Three Hundred and Twenty Thousand (Kshs.320,000) from a reputable financial institution in Kenya.
- The address referred to above is
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure,
Housing, Urban Development & Public Works
State Department for Transport,
- O. Box 52692-00200
Transcom House, Ngong Road
Telephone: +254 (20) 2729200
- All interested bidders are required to continually check the Departments website www.transport.go.ke for any tender addenda and clarifications that may arise before the submission date.
HEAD SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY/STATE DEPARTMENT FOR TRANSPORT