Invitation To Bid For The Road Rehabilitation Works – KWS
KENYA WILDLIFE SERVICE TENDER 2021
|INVITATION TO BID FOR THE ROAD REHABILITATION WORKS|
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) has received Emergency Funds in addition to saving prior year allocation from Kenya Roads Board and intends to utilize the same for the Road rehabilitation works on Kimana Junct _Kimana Gate road in Amboseli National Park and Routine maintenance of Voi Town-Voi Gate Road (E682).
The scope of works is as detailed in the tender documents.
Eligible bidders shall submit the following, among other eligibility requirements listed in the instruction to bidders prescribed in the tender document: –
- Certified Copy of Certificate of Incorporation/Business Registration name under the Companies Act.
- A certified current copy of Form CR12 for limited companies issued by the Registrar of Companies (not older than 12 months), that clearly indicates the ownership of the company, as at the time of the tender closing.
iii. Copy of a valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) as at the time of tender opening.
- Valid current annual NCA practicing licence for each specified category.
- A declaration that the bidder will not engage in any corrupt or fraudulent practice.
- A declaration that the bidder or her sub-contractor(s) are not debarred from participating in procurement proceedings by Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA).
vii. Original Tender Security amount as stated in the tender document and schedule of tenders found on KWS website. The tender security shall be issued in Kenya Shillings or a freely convertible currency and in the form of Bank Guarantee or an Insurance Guarantee from Insurance Companies approved by PPRA / deposit taking Microfinance institutions, SACCO societies, Youth Enterprise Development Fund or Women Enterprise Development Fund. Where bids are reserved for special groups, a dully completed and signed Tender Securing Declaration Form in the standard format provided in the tender document shall be accepted as tender security.
viii. The Tender Security shall be in the standard format provided in the tender document and valid for a period of 120 days from the date of tender opening.
- In compliance with the Covid-19 measures and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, there shall be a MANDATORY VIRTUAL PRE-BID CONFERENCE on Friday 21th May 2021 at 10:00 am for the bidders to be able understand the scope of works and instructions to bidders. All those who intend to participate in this tender MUST complete the Form of Confirmation of Participation and understanding the scope of works as described in Schedule 3 of the Tender document.
- This form must be submitted through the procuring entity’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th May 2021 for the purposes of recording/registration and planning of virtual pre-bid conference and opening of tenders in line with Covid-19 measures and guidelines. Those registering for participation beyond 18th May 2021 shall be disqualified. The procuring entity shall not accept any physical delivery of Form of Confirmation of Participation and understanding the scope of work. Bidders who shall not comply with this requirement shall be disqualified.
- It is advisable that the representative during the pre-bid conference be of relevant Civil Engineering profession so as to understand the details during the pre-bid meeting and appreciate the scope of work and site conditions.
xii. Bidders with ongoing works with KWS that have not been completed will not be eligible for bidding in these tenders and will be disqualified.
xiii. The bidders shall comply with all the instructions of the tender and submit a complete set of tender documents as per the Instruction to bidders Clause 9.1 and ensure that all the forms required are properly filled for completeness.
xiv. All the pages of bid document MUST be sequentially serialized from the first to the last page. Bidders who fail to comply with this criterion will be disqualified.
- The document MUST be book bound..
Schedule of Roads Tenders and Tender documents containing detailed specifications can be downloaded for free at our website; www.kws.go.ke or the Public Procurement Information Portal https://www.tenders.go.ke.
Communication in regard to the tender must be in writing through email address: email@example.com.
All clarifications and/or amendments will be published in KWS website and tenderers are required to check for any addendums or amendments in the course of the bidding period prior to the closing date.
The complete tenders enclosed in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the appropriate Tender Number shall be submitted to:
Kenya Wildlife Service,
KWS, Headquarters, Langata Road,
- O. Box 40241-00100,
By depositing them in the Tender Box on Ground Floor, Main Reception on or before 10.00 am on Wednesday 26th May 2021.
Opening of the Tenders will take place immediately thereafter in the KWS Conference Room in the presence of bidders’ representatives who wish to attend.