SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN) REQUEST FOR BIDS GOODS (ONE-ENVELOPE BIDDING PROCESS) 2022
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT, INFRASTRUCTURE, HOUSING, URBAN DEVELOPMENT AND PUBLIC WORKS TENDER MAY 2022
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN) REQUEST FOR BIDS GOODS (ONE-ENVELOPE BIDDING PROCESS)
- The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Horn of Africa Gateway Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payments under the contract for Supply, Delivery, Installation and Collocation of a BCP Disaster Recovery Data Centre Infrastructure and Upgrade of the Primary Data Centre and Support
- The State Department of Infrastructure now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Supply, Delivery, Installation and Collocation of a BCP Disaster Recovery Data Centre Infrastructure and Upgrade of the Primary Data Centre and Support
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018 and updated November 2020 (‘’Procurement Regulations’’), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement
- Interested bidders may obtain further information and/or inspect the bidding documents from, Head Supply Chain Management Services, State Department of Infrastructure, Works Building, Ngong Road, Nairobi, Ground Floor, Room 48 from 00 am to 5.00 pm East African time on Mondays to Fridays except during lunch break between 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm Hours and public holidays.
- The bidding document in English may be downloaded from the Public Procurement Information Portal (PPIP) tenders.go.ke and/or the National Construction Authority’s website: www.nca.go.ke free of charge from the web- sites. Bidders are encouraged to download the bid document to minimize physical visit to Works Building.
- There will be a mandatory site visit and pre bid conference on Tuesday 7th June, 2022 at KCB Towers 11th floor board room from 00am
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 10.00 am local time on Wednesday 29th June, 2022 and dropped in the Tender Box located at Ground Floor Works Building opposite Room 48. The bids should be clearly marked ‘Supply, Delivery, Installation and Collocation of a BCP Disaster Recovery Data Centre Infrastructure and Upgrade of the Primary Data Centre and Support Services REF NO: KE-NCA-190444-GO-RFB. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened immediately thereafter in the presence of the Bidders and/or designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the 9th floor boardroom, Works Building, Ngong Electronic bids SHALL NOT be accepted.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security issued by a reputable Bank of 1,000,000 (Kenya Shillings One Million Only), which must remain in full force and effect up to and including 30 days after the date of expiration of the Bid validity.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding
- The address referred to above is:
The Principal Secretary
State Department of infrastructure Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing,
Urban Development and Public Works Works Building, Ngong Road,
- All interested bidders are required to continually check the PPIP portal: tenders.go.ke or the National Construc- tion Authority’s website: www.nca.go.ke for any tender addenda and clarifications that may arise before the submission date.
Head of Supply Chain Management For: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY