TENDER INVITATION NOTICE – Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage
MINISTRY OF SPORTS, CULTURE AND HERITAGE TENDER 2020
|TENDER INVITATION NOTICE|
The Government of Kenya through the State Department of Sports, Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage, invites tenders from
Contractors to carry out the following works: –
|NO||TENDER NO.||DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY||TENDER FEE||BID||CLOSING
|1.||D113/CE/KBU/1902 JOB NO 10749A||Proposed Construction of Kirigiti – Kiambu County||NCA 1||Kshs. 1000/-||2% of Tender Sum||19/08/2020|
Interested Contractors who are registered in the relevant categories and trades, (proof of registration required) may obtain Tender Documents from the Head, Supply Chain Management Office, 11th floor Uchumi House Nairobi in person upon payment of non-refundable fee of Kshs. 1000/- or downloaded free of charge from State Departments’ website www.sportsheritage.go.ke and Treasury portal www.suppller.treasury.go.ke.
Interested bidders should note that only those meeting the criteria indicated below as a minimum, supported by relevant documents at submission will be considered for further evaluation.
- Proof of works of similar magnitude and complexity undertaken in the last five years.
- The Bid Bond in form of a Bank/insurance Guarantee from a reputable bank or approved insurance company.
- Litigation History of the Company (both court and arbitration cases).
- Confidential Business Questionnaire (filled).
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate.
- An undertaking in the form of a letter signed by the bidder stating that the firm will comply with the statutory requirements on Gender, Youth and Persons with Disabilities.
- A signed MOU between themselves and the registered sub-contractors they propose to be engaged in the works.
Further, tenders from the following tenderers shall be treated as non-responsive and therefore subject to automatic disqualification:
- A tender from a tenderer whose on-going project(s) is/are behind schedule and without approved extension of time.
- A tender from tenderers with on-going projects) exceeding four (4) in number, regardless of the total value of the outstanding works.
iii. A tender from a tenderer who has been served with a default notice on on-going projects(s) or a tenderer who has been terminated in a Government Contract in the past.
Tenders in plain sealed envelopes, marked tender number on the right hand side corner and bearing no indication of the tenderer should be addressed to: –
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
STATE DEPARTMENT FOR SPORTS.
P.O. BOX 49849-00100
and placed in the Tender Box at UCHUMI HOUSE, 11th Floor, Nairobi or sent by post so as to reach the above address on or before 20th August 2020 at 10.00 a.m. East African Time.
Submitted bids will be opened publicly in the Conference Room, Kencom House 2nd Floor soon after the above stated closing date and time in the presence of the tenderers or their representatives who choose to attend. Late bids will be returned unopened.
Prices quoted must be net inclusive of VAT and all Government Taxes and must remain valid for one hundred twenty (120) days from the opening date of the tender.
The Bid Security, which must be from a reputable bank or from a PPRA accredited insurance company, shall be valid for one hundred fifty (150) days from tender opening date.
The Government reserves the right to reject any tender giving reasons for the rejection and does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender.
There will be a mandatory site visit of sites on 11th August 2020 between 10.00 am and 2.00pm East African Time. An attendance register will be signed by all representatives of bidders. All prospective Tenderers shall assemble at the site, Kirigiti Grounds – Kiambu County, by 10.00 a.m. Tenderers who fail to attend the mandatory pretender meeting shall be considered non-responsive.
DOWNLOAD TENDER DOCUMENT