PREQUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR PROVISION OF SMALL WORKS FOR 3 YEARS PERIOD – REREC
RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AND RENEWABLE ENERGY CORPORATION TENDER DECEMBER 2023
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR PREQUALIFICATION
PREQUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR PROVISION OF SMALL WORKS
(PLUMBING, CARPENTRY, MASONRY, METAL AND GLASS FABRICATORS,
WELDERS, ELECTRICAL WORKS, REPAIR OF AIR CONDITIONER, OFFICE
REPAIRS AND KITCHEN APPLIANCES) FOR 3 YEARS PERIOD
OPEN TO WOMEN, YOUTH & PWD
Name of Contract: Prequalification of contractors for Small Works;Plumbing, Carpentry, Masonry, Metal and glass
Fabricators, Welders, Electrical Works ,Repair of Air Conditioner , Office Repairs and Kitchen Appliances for 3
Years Period – Open to Youth, Women, and Persons with Disability.
Prequalification Reference No / RFX NO: 1000000999
1. Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation P.O Box 34585 – 00100 Nairobi intends to
prequalify contractors for Small Works services for Plumbing, Carpentry, Masonry, Metal and glass Fabricators,
Welders, Electrical Works ,Repair of Air Conditioner , Office Repairs and Kitchen Appliances – Open to Youth,
Women, and Persons with Disability
2. It is expected that the Invitation to registration will be continuous for the two financial years Tendering will be
conducted through open competitive tendering using a standardized tender document and will be open to all
applicants who prequalify.
3. Qualified and interested applicants may obtain further information and inspect the Prequalification Document
during office hours 8.00am-12.45pm to 1.45pm-4.00pm Monday to Friday at the address given below.
4. A complete prequalification document may be viewed and downloaded by interested tenderers free of charge
electronically from the Website www.rerec.co.ke under tender documents or through the e-procurement portal
5. Tenderers who are not yet registered with REREC must register their companies in order to participate in the
tender using link below that can be found from the website www.rerec.co.ke Procurement-Supplier registration:
6. Completed prequalification documents must be delivered to the address below on or before 6th December, 2023
7. Only Electronic Tenders will be permitted. Late tenders will not be submitted. Tenders will be opened
immediately after the deadline date and time specified above or any dead line date and time specified
later. Tenders will be publicly opened in the presence of the Tenderers’ designated representatives who
choose to attend at the address below and the results relayed electronically.
8. The applicant shall chronologically serialize on all pages of the tender document submitted.
9. The addresses referred to above are:
Address for obtaining further information on tender documents:
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation P.O Box 34585 – 00100 Nairobi
Kawi Complex, Off Popo Road, Ground floor.
Contact Manager, Supply Chain Management, and Telephone Number: 0709193000 and Email Address:
Address for Submission of Tenders: Online Through https://suppliers.rea.co.ke:44300/irj/portal
Address for Opening of Tenders: Online