CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR AN INDIVIDUAL PROJECT FISCAL ANALYST CONSULTANT 2023 – KE-MoTI
MINISTRY OF LANDS, PUBLIC WORKS, HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT TENDER MARCH 2023
STATE DEPARTMENT FOR HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
|REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST|
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Name of protect: Second Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (kisip 2)
Project No.: P1678H,
Credit No: 6759-KE
Assignment Title: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR AN INDIVIDUAL PROJECT FISCAL ANALYST CONSULTANT
Contract No.: KE-MoTI-346502-CS-lNDV
- This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business; issue No. 1686 of 1st January 2021.
- The Government of Kenya has received a Credit from international Development Agency (IDA) towards the cost of the Second Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP 2) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Credit to payments under this contract: Consultancy Services for an Individual Project Fiscal Analyst Consultant Contract No.: KE-MoTI-346502-CS-INDV
- The overall objective of this consultancy is to offer technical support to assist the Project report, improve and achieve efficient financial performance by all implementation agencies.
- The tasks to he carried out under the assignment includes but not limited to:
- a)Support the NPCT on fiscal related matters by liaising with the policy makers in the ministry, inter-ministerial / interagency as well as inter-governmental interactions on project matters as well as in other donor funded projects within the State Department;
- b)Reviewing monthly financial reports that monitor cash flow, identify trends in spending; Follow up with the CPCTs for timely submission of work plans and reports as provided for in the POM and County Participation Agreement;
- c)Reviewing financial statements and reports for accuracy and recommending any needed adjustments. In liaison with the independent fiduciary agent, report on relevant compliance by counties with the financial covenants in the participation agreement;
- d)Monitoring budgets and identifying any variances between projected spending and actual spending to ensure that commitments do not exceed funds available; review on all workplans and compare actual and planned resources and report discrepancies to program coordinator;
- e)Analysing project costs and preparing estimates for new projects; Calculating the cost of capital expenditures and assessing the appropriateness of investment decisions based on policies regarding capital spending;
- f)Analyse and interpret all contractual requirements and evaluate all contracts associated with projects in liaison with procurement and contract administrators to update project status;
- g)Prepare and submit accurate reports on all major issues and monitor client comments for all financial projects;
- h)Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the client.
- The Consultant shall possess the following qualifications:
- a)Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or equivalent qualification from a institution recognized in Kenya;
- b)At least ten (10) years full-time work experience; five (5) of which have been as a financial analyst with proven ability to analyse, transform and present data to policy level management for purposes of decision making;
- c)Knowledge of Donor Funded projects guidelines and experience in project management;
- d)Proficient IT skills in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Advanced Excel skills);
- e)Registration with valid membership in a professional body recognized in Kenya;
- f)Excellent analytical and report writing skills as well as exceptional written and spoken communication skills;
- g)Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team.
- The Consulting Services Contract is expected to be for a period of Twelve (12) calendar months.
- The State Department for Housing and Urban Development through the Second Kenya Informal Settlement Improvement Project (KISIP2) now invites individuals to express their interest in providing the services. Interested individuals must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (attach curriculum vitae (CV), copies of documentary evidence of Academic qualifications. Professional Qualifications and registration with relevant Professional body.
- An Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultants method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated November 2020 (Regulations).
- Interested individuals may obtain further information at the address below from 0900 to 1700 hours East African Time (EAT) from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400hours EAT) and public holidays.
Expression of interest shall be delivered by 6th April, 2023 at 1100hours EAT. – using one of the following modalities: (i) deposit in the tender box located on 6th Floor, Ardhi House in Nairobi, Kenya or (ii) send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org _and quote the Assignment title and Contract No. in file subject row. For expressions of interest that will be deposited at the tender box, the packages should be clearly marked Consultancy Services for an Individual Project Fiscal Analyst Consultant Contract No.: KE-MoTl-346502-CS-INDV
State Department for Housing & Urban Development
Ministry of Lands, Public Works, Housing & Urban Development
Ardhi House, 1st Ngong Avenue,
HEAD SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY/
STATE DEPARTMENT FOR HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT